Many all over the world have recognized a global shift happening directly beneath our feet. What role do we personally play in supporting a new level of openness, tolerance, and authentic human experience? It may mean bringing cultural belief systems and structures into new alignment, or simply learning to let people be who they are, where they are. Regardless, it starts with allowing the self and spirit to continuously open, mature, and love. As we strengthen individually and collectively, we become able to make powerful strides in creating an age for the new generation and bringing the collective to the critical mass necessary for major energetic changes to occur.
Beyond the Ceremony has been created with the intention of supporting those drawn to plant Medicine (be it before the first ceremony or after the 100th) in keeping up the continuous spiritual development the Medicines offers in order to fulfill our larger purpose. As plant Medicine path is obviously not the only way to spiritually develop and serve, and not the right path for everyone, non-Medicine kindred spirits are welcome to commune, grow and unite with us. The focus here is the big picture.
As many of us well know, working in physical ceremony is just the beginning, opening us up to new levels of spiritual human potential.
Most people called to Medicine work have been drawn for a reason – to fulfill a larger purpose in life – generally including making a positive impact on our collective humanity in the unique way only the evolution of their own personal spirit can offer.
Not everyone has the opportunity to work with sacred plant Medicine, and those of us who have been given this privilege can make an exponential positive impact if we learn to wield what we learn wisely.
This generally requires a massive amount of learning, healing and purging, ego work (including recognizing and learning to love it in progress) and a goal of bringing more love, tolerance, inclusivity and unity to our collective humanity.
This also means not trying to function like a saint, as that’s a denial of the human experience and the process we are in (as well as a ‘perfectionist/idealist’ construct of the ego often resulting in judgement towards others not doing the same).
As far as Beyond the Ceremony sees it, spirituality is authenticity, not purity. All we can do is be who we are, where we are, taking responsibility with the clarity we have; being gentle with ourselves and others the best we can.
It’s a hell of a journey; one that is much easier (and more fun) taken together. With all the clutter an chaos we deal with in our minds, online, and in everyday life, Beyond the Ceremony offers a clear place of direct focus and deep spiritual learning, as well as connecting and creating change together.
Outside of the sacred space of ceremony, it can be a challenge to not only remember to remember what we’ve learned, but integrate it into our everyday lives.
Meghan Shannon Elder
- Accelerated Spiritual Development Counselor and Blogger at Beyond the Whirlwind
- Specialities: Accelerated Spiritual Development Process Work, Ayahuasca Preparation and Integration
- Primary Plant: Ayahuasca
- Certified Spiritual Counselor, Instructor, Shamanic Tools & Techinques Practitioner
- Ran Ayahuasca Healing Center in the Amazon for Five Years
- Intensive Spiritual Development Training Under Iyanla Vanzant
- Fluent in English, Spanish, ASL
- Instagram @beyond_meghan
- Spiritual Life and Integration Coach
- Specialties: Beginners to Plant Medicine
- Primary Practice: Kambo
- Kambo Practitioner (IAKP)
- TRY - Trauma Recovery Yoga Teacher
- Ayahuasca journeyer since 2012
- Revitalizing, detoxing and strengthening: body, mind, and spirit
Tina "Kat" Courtney
- Writer/ Contributor
- Specialties: Afterlife and Shadow Work
- Primary Plants: Ayahuasca, San Pedro
- 13 Years Experience in Shipibo-Conibo Tradition
- Aftercare Expert
- Shadow Worker
- Interested in being a writer or contributor for Beyond the Ceremony?
- Do you have experience in spiritually-focused plant Medicine?
- Send us your blog or video! If it vibes with us we’ll share it on the site, or possibly ask you to come on as a regular contributor
- Or contact us to chat